Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mother of 2 Gets Jail for Sex with Mexican Teen after Giving Birth to His Child


Rhonda Eisenberg, 44-year-old former Spanish teacher at North Ridge High School in Greeley, Colorado, was sentenced yesterday for sexually assaulting a teenage student.
In January Eisenberg made a plea agreement that calls for 90 days in jail and sex offender intensive supervised probation. The sentence handed down by the judge was what prosecutors and Eisenberg’s defense attorney had agreed. In addition to jail time and probation, Eisenberg was ordered to register as sex offender.

Eisenberg, who had been teaching in the Greeley-Evans School District for 20 years, was booked into the Weld County Jail after police received an online tip about the relationship. Rhonda Eisenberg, mother of two children from her previous marriage, admitted to having an affair with a 17-year-old student in 2010. The boy is the father of Eisenberg’s 2-year-old daughter. The 17-year-old victim lived in the same house with Eisenberg from 2010 to 2011. According to court documents Mrs. Eisenberg had sex with the young boy 20 to 30 times between June and September 2010 while he was under her care. She became his legal guardian when she brought him to the U.S. to go to school after she became friends with his parents during a trip to Mexico. Several months before the boy graduated, Eisenberg gave birth to a Hispanic baby and coworkers and family suspected she had a relationship with the victim.

The victim, who is now 20, was also present in court and addressed the court asking the judge to allow written contact. The judge agreed.

After being sentenced for sex with teen boy, Eisenberg apologized tearfully in court. “It was my responsibility to protect him,” she told the court. “I’m sorry for any of the negative effects this will have on him. I do regret what I’ve done … I want to apologize to my family, my former students and their parents. I often think about them and how disappointed they must be in me.” She also told judge “”I’m not a bad person,” and, “I just want to go home to my kids.”

No comments:

Post a Comment